Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Sail Date: October 03, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The Gem was a total disappointment to us.

The ship is in real need of help,it's old looking with musty smell and just dated.

we where overcharged for Spa services and had to fight to get a credit after we cancelled one of our services one hour after booking it due to our land schedule.

We where lied to when we tried to but the 'Hop on OFF" in Boston and instead where directed to a "Market transfer" for 419 each,five minutes away from the ship,when told it was our only way to get transportation out of the add insult to injury,we where dropped and never picked up at 7pm,fortunately the driver of the Hop On we had purchased in town was nice enough to drive us back,when I tried to complain to the Excursion girl,she told me it was not through NCL,BUt it was as it was charged to our room!

To make matters worse,we sailed with Hurricane Joaquin behind us so the seas where absolutely horrible,everyone was sick,this went on for the entire next day at sea.I understand they cannot control the weather,but this was horrible.

On top of this,I inadvertently left a pair of UGG boots and a pair of sandals in the cabin,they where never "found" How is this possible?

Of everything that went wrong,this was the most upsetting issue to me.

Oh I forgot!! We had NO WATER until 10am on the 12th,as they had pump issues,front desk was not picking up the phone...

The restaurant servers where great,but once we where told to go to the Magenta Restaurant to go through immigration,i was "greeted by one of the show dancers,who rudely told me to go down one floor to the end of the ship and then go up again to the end of the gangway as I could join the line "but not in the front" OF COURSE! we didn't know where the line started as the instructions only directed us to the restaurant,it was NOT the message but the way he said it that was totally sarcastic and rude.

The "Top 10" tour in St. John was a joke,all I recall is being inside a bus with nothing to show for the $114 I paid.We where supposed to "see" the reversing rapids,(in front of a paper plant spewing smoke) and then driven to a pub for a beer, a flea market and one hour ride to the Bay Of Fundy at low tide,and a restaurant.We left with no tide in,but where instructed to pick (lucky rocks) from the bottom of the bay,lol!!!

One hour later and back to the smoky paper plant,and the rapids where slower but far from reversed,simply the timing was wrong,not that it would have been worth it anyway,but at least would have been nice to see.

Don't waste your money on this New England cruise,really nothing to talk about,nothing.(Boston and Providence are NICE) the end.

wall in toilet area was stained the entire time,with some shinny stuff
We had NO WATER until 10am the day before we arrived to NY,as they where having problems with the pumps.
70,80,90's review was fun,
restaurant crew was great,not others.

Skip it