Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Exceeded expectations!

Sail Date: October 03, 2015

This was my first Norwegian cruise, though I have cruised three times on other cruise lines. I was very pleased with the week! Dining and entertainment exceeded my expectations, but service, cleanliness, and areas of the ship to enjoy the views were wonderful too. Most of our excursions were enjoyable and informative. The staff was delightful!  Would definitely cruise with Norwegian again! A wonderful vacation value!

Cruise Photos

We weren't sure if we would like an inside cabin, but it was fine for this cruise.
We wanted to relax and the cabin allowed for that. our cabin was very quiet. We spent a lot of time on the decks and didn't miss having a balcony.
Disembarkation in NYC went so well. Our luggage was easily available, as was catching a taxi.
We especially loved Portland, ME & Boston
We would have liked more options onboard not in the drinking, shopping, and gambling categories e.g naturalist talks, historical talks,more detailed port info.
Children's Programs N/A
The Worldbeat show and Second City were of very high quality.
Our steward Freddie was wonderful-so personable and helpful! Most staff were friendly and upbeat.
We were pleased that there were so many options for complimentary dining. Loved the variety & loved the Deck 12 Great Outdoors!
New York, New York We loved the "top of the Rock" and Rockefeller center at night, (the ice rink was open!!), as well as beautiful St. Patrick's Cathedral. Central Park & the Met were awesome!
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We loved the beautiful Public Gardens. Peggy's Cove was beautiful but very crowded.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Boston, Massachusetts
We enjoyed our tour to Harvard, and the view from the Prudential Building. The "overview" bus tour was great too.
Portland, Maine
Wonderful city! Walk around and try some of the great restaurants. Highlights and lighthouse tours was great except for crowds and not enough time allowed at lighthouse.

My daughter and I were celebrating her college graduation on this cruise. My husband and I arranged for a "celebration package". It was wonderful. The room was decorated when we arrived, and the cake delivered later in the day was so delicious!!