Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

One of my top cruises!

Sail Date: May 30, 2015

My husband and I had a fantastic time on this cruise! Even though the weather did not cooperate......... it rained 4 out of the 9 days.......... we STILL had a fantastic time! Norwegian is back in my good graces! We did not have such a great time aboard the Breakaway two years ago. I prefer the smaller cruise ships......... you get to meet and remember WAY MORE passengers than on the big ships. We shared tables at OUR request in the main dining room a few times and even repeated a trip to Moderno! Highly recommend this cruise if you work full time for a living. Instead of 8 days and 7 nights, you get the extra day and night, because it is part of a two week cruise. LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this trip!

Cruise Photos

You could tell the ship was a little older.... but VERY WELL kept up!
Loved the food in the dining room and at the buffet at lunch time. O'Sheehans was PERFECT for breakfast and chicken wings late at night!
This crew could NOT do enough for each and every guest! I heard this over and over from so many people onboard..... not just us! Our cabin steward (who has 4 more months to go before he gets his break........ was second to none!
Loved the dance troupe; the comedian Rick Corso and the magician act "Magica". Dan Dan the Cruise Director was absolutely hysterical and VERY entertaining! Loved this guy!
Children's Programs N/A
I'm happy with just a pool and a lounge chair....... but there was a lot going on during the day and at night. Great music at the pool on the days the weather LET them perform! Lots of entertainment for every taste in music, comedy, and trivia game pursuits!
We did the kayak excursion on Great Stirrup Cay.......... but apparently this island does NOT like my hubs or I. We were shooed off the island twice on two different cruises. The last time we visited this island (on a different itinerary that left out of Florida instead of NY), we hit very bad winds....... so NCL evacuated the island about an hour after every got ON the island via the tenders! THIS time, as soon as we reached the first leg of our kayak trip, the skies opened up and never quit. We CHOSE to take the tender back to the Gem since we were completely drenched and preferred to eat onboard in a dry O'Sheehans as opposed to eating at the rain soaked picnic area where the staff continued to Barbecue and cook all types of delicious foods for all who wanted to eat.
Room was big enough for us........ we had a partially obstructed view and couldn't care less. We had to save a LITTLE bit of $$$$$ when we booked......... so we sacrificed the expense of a balcony room for the partial obstructed view!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Arrived a little ahead of time.......... very easy on and off!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I LOVE doing the tenders........... even in the pouring rain!
The party at the ship at the end of the day was FANTASTIC! NCL knows how to throw a good one!
New York, New York
As stated above..... it was a breeze going through Customs!

If you think these cruise ships don't read or act on your comments, I complained after our Breakaway trip and our dinner at Moderno that nothing was marked at the buffet in it. This cruise? EVERY SINGLE DISH at the buffet was marked. If you are a fan of eating all types of meat, this din is great!

1 Comment