Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An enjoyable time!

Sail Date: March 09, 2015

We booked a 9-day cruise to relax and to feel no pressure to explore and/or sightsee... in fact we got off the ship exactly once, in Tortola. Overall, we were quite happy with our experience. We had no expectations of an epicurean experience, but overall our dining expectations were more than met. Staff were unfailingly friendly and polite; it was virtually impossible to encounter one without being greeted! We were addressed several times by Capt. Benigssen, I believed that we his name, where he introduced his staff, and displayed a wry sense of humor. The seas were disgustingly calm, I personally enjoy a bit of rolling and pitching, just to remind me that we're at sea, however I am aware that my sentiments are not universally shared! On-board entertainment was especially good, there was a world-class juggler, a couple who had performed with Cirque de Soleil, a Second-City troupe, a stand-up comedian, as well as the regular ship production company.
Aside from on-and off rain showers in St. Thomas, weather was quite nice.
All in all, the cruise was relaxing and we consider it money well-spent!

Needs a little work, but nothing really serious.