Great time by all of us.

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 09, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Gem

I took my daughter and her 2 children (my grandchildren) on the cruise. My daughter who always believed that cruises were for 'old' people, 4 days into the cruise, said she wanted to do it again. My grandchildren had freedom they never had before (ages 7 and 9), going to the pool on their own and having breakfast when they were hungry and as much as they wanted . We felt that safe onboard. It was a very restful experience for my daughter. We all left with the reassurance that we would do a cruise again - together...

Not great, but better than average.

The children did participate and had fun

Love it.

Not suitable for my 9 year old grandson. He was placed in a group of 7-9 year olds and he has more of a 12 year old mind.

Very attentive, respectful and efficient.

But could have had another pool.

Comfortable for sleeping but a little crowded for 4, especially when trying to get dressed. Having a balcony gave us a sense of speciality.

The Stardust Theater's shows are first class. I felt that I was seeing a Broadway performance. The Cruise Director Dan Dan was hilarious -- very talented and a fabulous singing voice. Would love to see him again! The Garden Café buffet has a yummy variety of food choice.

Did not go to the beach (rainy and gray), went shopping instead.
Beautiful beach, but not much assistance. Shopping/souvenir section was ordinary but needed.
Dolphin encounter-fabulous experience. Blue Lagoon beach area was beautiful.