Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great time by all of us.

Sail Date: August 09, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I took my daughter and her 2 children (my grandchildren) on the cruise. My daughter who always believed that cruises were for 'old' people, 4 days into the cruise, said she wanted to do it again. My grandchildren had freedom they never had before (ages 7 and 9), going to the pool on their own and having breakfast when they were hungry and as much as they wanted . We felt that safe onboard. It was a very restful experience for my daughter. We all left with the reassurance that we would do a cruise again - together...

Love it.
But could have had another pool.
Not great, but better than average.
Very attentive, respectful and efficient.
Not suitable for my 9 year old grandson. He was placed in a group of 7-9 year olds and he has more of a 12 year old mind.
The children did participate and had fun
The Dolphin Encounter was the best -- the chance to touch and hug a dolphin has been a dream come true. The Blue Lagoon Island is absolutely beautiful.
Comfortable for sleeping but a little crowded for 4, especially when trying to get dressed. Having a balcony gave us a sense of speciality.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Did not go to the beach (rainy and gray), went shopping instead.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Beautiful beach, but not much assistance. Shopping/souvenir section was ordinary but needed.
Dolphin encounter-fabulous experience. Blue Lagoon beach area was beautiful.

The Stardust Theater's shows are first class. I felt that I was seeing a Broadway performance. The Cruise Director Dan Dan was hilarious -- very talented and a fabulous singing voice. Would love to see him again! The Garden Café buffet has a yummy variety of food choice.