Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Bermuda

Awesome cruise.....!!!

Sail Date: June 26, 2011

Wow!! This cruise was so wonderful that I wouldn't hesitate telling people that this should be their next trip. My best friend and I took our 14 and 16 year old daughters on this cruise. There was so much for them to do. The girls enjoyed laying out on the top deck with us but they would be on the go playing shuffle board, exploring the ship, playing cards and we felt that they were totally safe. They were sad that after seven days it was over! I would tell people to bring walkie talkies with them so that they could keep in contact with their group.

Pros: It was very classy in its decor, it was set up very nicely

Cons: the pool area was crowded and it was so much better going up levels to get away from all of the loudness

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Once we got our "sea legs" on the ship and could figure out where we were going to, it became easy. The ships decor is really pretty. It was very clean in the public rest rooms.
The stateroom was fine. It isn't has tiny as I thought it would be. There was plenty of room for my daughter and I to get ready w/o feeling like we were on top of eachother. The bed was very comfy and the decor was nice. Our cabin was always clean.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We were very happy with all the people that we dealt with.
The food was amazing!! We wised up after figuring out that the larger restaurant w/o a cover charge gets a crowd and you want to have plenty of time to eat and see shows. So what we would do was send the girls down to get a pager from the restaurant and by the time our table was "ready" so were we. We ate breakfasts and lunch from the large indoor buffet area. It was amazingly delicious. There was always such a wide selection of food that it never got boring. The enormous selection of fresh fruit was incredible. The pineapple was dripping with juice...I couldn't get enough. We only tried one specialty restaurant, La Cucina, and it was great.
OMG....the entertainment was wonderful. Every show we went to was completely enjoyed by all of us.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
We loved Horseshoe Bay Beach. It was beautiful. However, we wish that we just took the public transportation because it was kind of annoying being on a schedule with the bus that we paid for. By the time we got to the beach, got our umbrellas set up, we only had 2 1/2 hours to enjoy this beautiful beach. We wanted more!! As far as snorkeling trips, we would have just gone on our own. Church Bay Beach has a rental of equipment for only $15 dollars and you are swimming very close to shore and can lay on the beach and go back to snorkeling at your leisure.
Don't Miss: Definately, the beaches are NOT to be missed.....spectacular!!