Family Cruise

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Escape

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 07, 2018

Ship: Norwegian Escape

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10178

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I would not recommend the Norwegian Escape if you are traveling with less active people. There were not very many shows or activities to do.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

We enjoyed all restaurants and the employees were really friendly and attentive. O'sheans did not have the best service and probable the least friendly staff.

We had so much fun at Teppanyaki. Our chef was amazing. He was so funny and was able to get us all to participate. The food was delicious. The service was really good. I would have to say overall this was my favorite dining experience.

Headliners Comedy Club

We were able to see 3 wonderful comedians. Keith and the host were hilarious but my favorite was Vince. We laughed so hard. We weren't told that we would have to make reservations to see the show until we tried to get in. Both times we were on standby and thankfully got in.

This is probably my least favorite Norwegian ship. It is very big and has a lot of people but isn't designed to accommodate them.

Our cabin was very spacious. I was surprised at how big our room was. It fit 4 of us comfortably and was very clean.

Ship tip

If you are thinking about sailing on the Escape I would probably rethink it and look for a smaller ship. there was too many people at all of the activities. To get a seat for an activity in the atrium you will have to go almost an hour early and wait for a seat. They have folding chairs but those also fill up quickly. Also, you have to make reservations for some shows. There are not very many activities on this ship unless you are very physically active.

Ports of call

Falmouth, Jamaica

We did the Reggae Hill excursion. Our tour guide was funny, kind and very knowledgeable. She took really good care of us. Unfortunately, it was very hot and there was not a lot of shade. We were very thirsty and not offered too many drinks other than Rum. My son was able to play in the beautiful river but he did not have very much to do and had to wait sometime to get anything to drink. There were 2 dancers that were really fun to watch but I would not do this excursion again.

George Town, Grand Cayman

This was by far the most beautiful excursion we went on. We were a bit disappointed that the White House Beach Getaway was not a tour of the house but a beautiful, relaxing beach day. It was extremely hot and the kids loved snorkeling but unfortunately got sunburns. I would recommend a lot of sunscreen. Also, bring cash so you can pay for the umbrella as there is no shade. The prices listed on the menu are not USD. This was definitely one the kids enjoyed the most.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

The Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Deluxe excursion was wonderful. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. We learned quite a bit and he was even able to keep the kid's attention.

Paradise Island & Sightseeing was alright. We had a nice guide, however, we only stopped at shops. The did not have a speaker or anything. The guide speaking as loudly as possible. It was still difficult to hear in the back.

Disembarkation

This was quick and easy.