Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Improvements needed

Sail Date: October 22, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Cabin: 21240

Boarding time was pushed to 1so they could disinfect the whole ship from the previous week's cruise. There was an outbreak of Norovirus because of all the drunks getting sick everywhere. Everyone showed up at the same time. Port check in was fast .  An hour waiting in line to board the ship so passengers didn't stand in broiling sun on gang plank. Cabins weren't ready until 4. Only two sets of elevators, forward and after, for 4,000 people. Long wait for them all the time.

I had a non connecting balcony cabin to myself. There was no sound issue from neighboring cabins, only from the drunk woman yelling she was going to her cabin at 12:30am.  It would be tight for anyone not a couple. Balcony is standard small, 2 chairs and small table. I found the hairdryer powerful enough. There were plenty of outlets and a USB next to the bed.  Space between bed and closet is ridiculously tight. Bathroom and shower are spacious. I loved getting back to the sanctuary of my room. Truthfully, by arrival at our first port after 2 days at sea I was ready to pay whatever was needed to fly home. I had already packed!

There were always lines and waiting for free food venues. They need ropes to direct people and prevent them from jumping the line at the buffet . Utter chaos in the Garden Cafe. More plate/utensil stations to prevent bottleneck would be good. Food in specialty restaurants was wonderful. Food in O'Sheehan's was good, always a line. Surcharge for room service is petty.

Far too many drunks on the unlimited drink package. Nobody cut them off. Smoking places were minimal. Indoor humidor's space is small and the ventilation system had a hard time keeping up, many complained.

The crew, for the most part, were great. They had to deal with adults who had no filters or boundaries.

Keep an eye on your room charges. We were double billed for three people at Cagney's and it took 45 minutes and someone from the restaurant coming down to finally get a refund. Do not move until you get that credit slip!

In summary, this is a huge ship that caters to partyers and  drinkers. You will wait in lines for everything. People will disregard all basic manners. Lower your expectations and you will have the time of your life.

Be prepared for waiting in lines, elevators and bathrooms to be closed, drunks and rude people.