Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

A Great Experience with EPIC in the Mediterranean

Sail Date: July 26, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Cabin: Mini-Suite 10083

The wife and I were both very happy with our cruise experience and would recommend the EPIC Med cruise to all of our friends. The ship's operation pertaining to the passengers was very well organized. The large number of passengers (probably over 4,000) was managed by the ship's crew in a very competent and efficient manner, including embarkation and disembarkation. I had read previous review complaints about unfriendly crew members (servers, etc.), but we felt that they were all very friendly.  We especially enjoyed the personality of one waiter, Emerson, at Maltings Whiskey Bar. We found the food and service at Taste and Manhattan (included in cruise fee) to be more than acceptable, and our meals at French Le Bistro and Italian La Cucina very memorable.  Downsides: too many kids running amok; swimming pools overcrowded; and with 4,000+ passengers the elevators required a certain amount of patience. Of course cruising at the height of tourist season contributed to the downsides.

From first sight my wife was very happy, which was a great relief for me. She felt that the size and comfort of the cabin far exceeded her expectations. I too was very happy with the cabin. It had more than enough storage room for the both of us. The room was clean, the queen bed very comfortable, and the balcony more than large enough for our enjoyment. We very much liked the Interactive TV. And once the balcony door was closed, the cabin was very quiet.

We received the Unlimited Beverage Package (adult) as a promotion. We felt that this was a must have to really enjoy the cruise. We were able to order multiple glasses of wine with dinner and could drink at any of the bars and lounges and shows at not additional cost. I very much recommend this.

1 Comment