Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Sail Date: April 27, 2014

My problem with this cruise had nothing to do with the size of the ship directly, in my opinion it had too many negative situations. First of all, the stateroom was flashy but not impressive, and during the whole cruise it was not posible to find a quite area outside of the stateroom, where one could relax and read a book. (Why). The follow the cruise map on the TV seemed to have hours of operation, we were waiting to see Gibraltar during a night passing but according to the displayed navigational display, it did not move for at least 4 hours, changing from the Atlantic to the Med in this time frame. The entertainment shows repeated twice a day for three days, and with the exception of The Blue man group, not very good, all in all a poor showing. Then finally the biggest complaint by far was the quality of the food served, and this was not restricted to the specific restaurant or menu item. We ate in the French, Italian, both main restaurants and the Irish Pub, this was a joke with compressed fish bits and chips, terrible. I have a future booking on NCL for the Panama Canal which I fear will only be a bad experience, and am currently re evaluating. There was one exception, my lunch time salad which I got at the buffet was ok, as were the Indian dishes at the same place. I have cruise since on Saga, where the food was most enjoyable, and prior to this cruise we were on the Celebrity Infinity, I could not beleive the difference in quality over all and the food specifically.

The ship was fairly new but the layout not the greatest
Terrible see the review.
Very clean with reasinable space, but where would one eat room service food with no table and chairs.
The overall service was the best part of the cruise, it was friendly and fairly efficient.
Repeat shows, most of questionable quality.
Funchal, Madeira
The best part of the cruise, a lovely destination.

If you are a mature traveler I do not recommend NCL