Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Big and beautiful means a larger dissapo

Sail Date: October 09, 2011

The Epic is big and shiny and new, and I felt like I was paying for it! Seems like everything had an associated fee, and it really bothers me that to get specialty items at least one dinner(I.e. Lobster or crab) I have to pay extra. The food was just average everywhere else, internet was extremely expensive as were movie rentals. Cabin was smaller that other Norwegian balconies, overall it was a disappointment. Hostess yelled at other staff members right in front of us at cirque dreams and dinner.

Pros: Lots of food choices, lots of activities

Cons: Felt like everything had an associated cost, cabins are smaller, food was not great except in specialty places which you had to pay for

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.

Smaller than typical norwegian & items were already broken: balcony door lock & two drawers.
New ship, but two drawers in my cabin were broken & unusable.
Julio at pool bar & Bliss was great! We enjoyed all the bar staff, cabin steward and entertainment staff.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
We missed the ship because the port transfers and information were very poorly explained. We've been in 43 countries, on 20+ cruises & NEVER missed a plane or ship. We were 5 minutes late because we could not get a taxi. I feel they should have givenmore information. It's Luke the only way to get off ship was if you paid a fortune for a transfer.
Don't Miss: Your ;)
Naples, Italy
Gorgeous...need like 3 days to see everything. Once again, poorly informed by staff about the port. Pomepii is massive, needs a whole day and will be too difficult for some. Where was this information? Nowhere!
Don't Miss: Pompeii ruins