Awesome Ship in the Wake of Bad Weather

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: October 16, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

In all fairness, I can't imagine a cruise with NCL that isn't a ton of fun.  This one was great, as the prior ones have been.  The cruise ship was super clean, with an energetic staff that wanted to make sure everyone had a blast.  Each night they had an awesome show in the Stardust Theatre.  One night was an American Idol-ish vote one person a round off kind of deal.  Another night they brought in David DaVinci, a high profile magician.  The Second City Comedy Troupe came, and there was a spectacular aerial show the final night.  We stuck to the free restaurant called the Garden Buffet, located near the pool, and it was super.  One evening there was even a steak night there.

The damper was the atrocious weather.  All but two of my six shore excursions were cancelled over the three days we spent in port.  The sad thing is, the excursions are what prompted me to pick this particular trip over others... and with my health, I may never get another chance to scuba dive.  I don't really fault anyone at the cruise line, but on the other hand I do wonder why a ship would be sent somewhere where, I came to learn, bad weather is so common?  I only was able to snorkel once during the trip, and honestly the corals there aren't so vibrant as I've seen in other locations.

I will say one tour I got to go on, the Crystal Caves, was pretty neat.  That's an experience I've never had before, and our tour guide in the taxi to Hamilton was extremely insightful and friendly.  He even stopped so we could take a photo of Horseshoe Bay, a beautiful beach in Bermuda.  The ferry back between Hamilton and Royal Naval Dockyard was pretty easy to figure out.  Once arriving back in the dockyard, there is a complimentary shuttle type train that you can ride around the local area to get a quick eye for where things are you might want to see.

NCL is an awesome cruise line, and I highly recommend them... and although Bermuda has some wonderful sights, I would definitely want folks to think twice about going there if they are into snorkeling, scuba, and anything that involves being in the ocean.

We had a steak night at the buffet!

Love the aerial show, tons to do!

No kids with us, but did notice there was a separate pool just for children that might be a bit safer than the adult pool.

Cabin was extremely small & dark, but that didn't bother us since there were shelves and storage opportunities everywhere in the room to keep things neat. There was a beautiful picture of ocean fish in our room. :)

Love deck 12 - that's where the pool & buffet is. Stardust is on floor 6 & 7, and I recommend showing up for those presentations about 30 minutes in advance of showtime for good seat choices.

The "T" transit system is easier then it appears at first. There are subway color coded maps at each T-stop location to help you figure out which subway line to hop on/change to.