Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Not my best Norwegian experience

Sail Date: September 04, 2015

After my first Norwegian cruise, I was convinced I'd only cruise Norwegian ever again. However during this trip there were reasons to reconsider.  When we docked at Bermuda, maintenance did some upkeep to the ship.  We had a balcony and many people, including my pregnant girlfriend got very sick from the fumes.

Our bureau had dust mites which ended up getting into our clothes and causing a serious outbreak.

While in Bermuda, I got swimmers ear and an infection.  I went to the infirmary and was given the wrong prescription which I used before they notified me.  The drops the eventually prescribed ended up adding to the water already in my ear and my ear drum ruptured the day I got off the boat!  I'm still on antibiotics and in some pain as a result!

The positives were the food and entertainment. One of the best steaks I've ever had and the theater had some amazing shows.  The cruise director and assistant cruise director were some of the nicest people I have ever met and you could tell they really enjoy what they do.

We had the issue with dust mites in our drawers and our light on the balcony didnt work all the time. Other than that it was a good sized bed, awesome pillows! Nice bathroom and beautiful view!
You have to expect some type of a wait but the reality is it was more than reasonable and easy both getting on and off!
The bars were overcrowded and we never made any attempt to use the pool because it was always full.
Beautiful island and everyone there was very friendly
Something for everyone. Even if you just want to relax and be left alone!
Absolutely five star!
Everyone was friendly. It took on average 20 minutes to get a drink but that wasn't anyone's fault in particular. Dingo Dave and Andre were beyond nice. Margarita was so sweet and would remedy any question or concern before we could blink an eye!
Best steak I have ever had!!
Boston, Massachusetts
Make sure your ride parks on the side of the street the ship is on. The police DO NOT like you parking on the other side!
Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda

Use one of the outside elevators (forward, aft) if you can. The mid-ship elevator tends to be the busiest. Get an entertainment card (free). Every event you participate in (i.e. trivia) earns you points for free gifts. We got some coffee mugs!