Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

High School Cafeteria

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

We love Norwegian but we usually cruise on the Epic. I am on Atkins and I found the daytime food to be boring? Now we always purchase the Ultimate Dining Package and eat our evening meal in one of the specialty restaurants and that was mostly wonderful with the exception of a need for training regarding how to serve sparkling wine and you don't charge extra for lobster with the UDP.  We did not explore dining away from the buffet which left us missing O'Shehans on the Epic.  After 3 tries we were finally served wine that was chilled in chilled wine glasses? The first bottle was actually served warm? The second bottle the wine was chilled but the glasses were warm? Also after arriving home, I contacted the cruise line to ask if I was correct regarding the UDP and the additional charge for lobster and found that I was charged erroneously plus I found that the gratuities are included in the UDP unless you find someone who earns a more impressive tip.  I am booked on the Dawn in the fall and am seriously considering cancelling.

She seems a bit old?
Buffet was equivalent to eating in a high school cafeteria.
I am still shocked at being served a sparkling white zinfandel warm.
We snork led in Roatan on the Jolley Roger and it was the highlight of our trip. we also did the joy of chocolate and had a great time!
The Joy of Chocolate was a blast and was so much more than just the chocolate. It was cultural and the mole was fabulous!
Belize City, Belize
The sky opened up on us and we decided it was too dangerous to do the air boat adventure. plus watch out for the crazy women chasing you to braid your hair! Bring cash!
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
The Jolley Roger Catamaran was a blast! The lunch was yummie, the crew was fun, but bring waterproof sunscreen! Our sunscreen washed off and we got bad sunburns.

With 3 people in the cabin the balcony was useless and impossible to get to. Our room steward Zaim was A joy!