Our 7th NCL cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean

14 Night Caribbean Escape (Boston To New Orleans)
Sail Date: November 07, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Dawn

Overall, I gave this cruise a rating of Very Good.

The deck staff, particularly Nennette, Amitalal, I Dew Eh, and Irene were very friendly and customer focused.  Our room steward, Victor, was always accomodating and asking if there was anything we needed, in addition to jumping into our room whenever we left to keep it immaculate!  The entire staff works very hard, and we do appreciate their efforts.

I did notice, as a few other guests did, that the management of the buffet needs a little effort.  It did appear on many nights to be only open on one side - forcing passengers to queue up in line.  The quality of the food was acceptable, but towards the end of the cruise, the variety and freshness was suffering.  As far as the specialty restaurants go, Cagneys was fantastic, and Le Bistro was very good.  Moderno was not as good as on previous cruises.

Entertainment was very enjoyable, but the on deck band volume was way too high - all the time.  It was very difficult to hear guests and talk with them.  Additionally I would suggest that if you want ALL the guests to stay involved in on deck parties, mix the music up.  Many favorites were played, but drowned out by a techno overbeat which kept many people from participating.

Be conscious of fresness of breads, greens, and fruit. Change up the standard offerings at the buffet every few nights

Too loud, and always too Calypso

Irene, Nennette, Amitilal, I Dew Eh, Victor

Dawn is an older ship, but I do enjoy it, and know it well.

Consistent with expectations

If you want to sun deckside, you have to have your chair by 8am on Sea Days!