Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Second Mate

Another fun cruise on the Dawn

Sail Date: July 18, 2014

Cabin: GTY

Went on the new Breakaway last year and you know what? I liked it but loved the Dawn even more on my return to her. After such a big ship like the Breakaway, the Dawn felt so much more inviting. The food is much better now too. A few months ago they upgraded the menu. I was happy with the food before but was very happy now. Garden cafe was the same, but dining room was a step more. They had a steak there that was as good as anything in their specialty restaurant.

We had a few minor issues that took away from the cruise but I have learned to roll with stuff. Just deal with it on the boat and when you get home, write a letter to NCL and tell them the issues you had. Or let the lobby desk know while on the boat and they will probably toss you a bottle of wine to say sorry. They are great with wanting to work with guests once you're home though, and will often send a credit for a future cruise in apology. Hey, they can't control everything but wish they could.

Like always, the entertainment was fantastic. My wife and I our now loyal NCL guests. One more cruise and we're Gold members, which will be nice. Been on Royal and Carnival and we find NCL is the best for our personal needs. If you live in the Boston area and want an easy trip to Bermuda, the Dawn is a simple and easy way to do it. Black Falcon Port is run very smoothly. Parking is right next to ship if you need it too.

You don't have to spend thousands on a cruise. Get an inside cabin and spend all your time on deck, and by the time you return to the room at night, you won't care about anything but wanting want to sleep.

see you next cruise!

Get up early, before 8 or 9am and the pool deck is virtually empty. All the kids sleep in after partying all night. It's then best time to use the hot tub and the pool. At 6 am, I had the entire pool deck to myself. Like it was my ship alone. Best time to get a sun chair too.

1 Comment