Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

A great family vacation!

Sail Date: August 11, 2007

What a great trip. It was a beautiful ship. It was also immaculate. We felt safe as well. The food in the restaurants were excellent as well as the buffet for breakfast or a snack.

Pros: The food in the restaurants

Cons: The crowds around the pool, get there super early or else....

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

The interior rooms are fine. Just don't book the ones on the 11th floor below the food court. It was extremely difficult to sleep during any 24 hour period. The banging and the noise from the deck above goes on and on without stopping at all. The condition of the room was good and the room stewards are fantastic. The location was good except for the noise.
I with the food court was not over interior rooms. It was extremely loud to be in the room below. They bang all night long. I would not put rooms below that area. The ship is immaculate and the public areas are great.
It's not necessary to go to one of the "pay extra" restaurants. The ones that do not charge are excellent. There is a different menu every day in each restaurant so you are not repeating a menu. The portion sizes and quality of food was superb. The food court was fine for snacking, breakfast and lunch.
The staff from the lowest level to highest level was outstanding. At times, I was embarrassed by our fellow Americans who would speak rude to the staff. These people work long hours and service is always with a smile.
The entertainment could have been a bit better. The dancers and singers were top notch but the magician and juggler were okay. On the final night, the juggler got a bit crude. It was inappropriate. The Cruise directors and staff were better entertainment. They were funny, and energetic. I really enjoyed them.
I was not crazy about this area at all. To be honest, I did not feel safe. I would never go back there again.
Don't Miss: "miss it"
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Okay, what a beautiful place. I want to go back. We didn't stop at any restaurants but we got a cab over by the mall area. He took us on a fantastic tour of the island. Dropped us off at horseshoe beach and then picked us up three hours later for another 2 hour tour. It cost us about $120 total for the whole day (6 hours). For a family of five, an excursion was too expensive. What an absolutely beautiful place. We felt very safe.
Don't Miss: Horseshoe Bay Beach - paradise!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
The beach was nice. It rained so that wasn't any one's fault. The barbeque was excellent and it was well organized.