Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An OK cruise

Sail Date: August 05, 2006

I would say that , my wife, 2 daughters and myself, overall enjoyed the cruise, but also found out that cruising is not for us. or at least not for a single family that does not drink alcohol. The ship is great, good clean rooms, friendly staff(most of the time),ok restaurants, decent food, and good entertainment. not enough information for a first time cruiser to take advantage of all what is offered. It seemed geared towards repeat customers, with no regard to 1st timers. Be prepared to spend a lot more money for everyting... including soda, tips, pictures (at $14 a picture) etc..
be prepared for a $2 soda and if you drink alcohol, be ready for a $6 beer and $8 mixed drink. Ping Pong tables were unusable (broken raquets or net). The golf cage was out of order most of the time. Not much sports on deck. Heatlh club is pretty good, with good equipment. It also has a pool, but you must pay $15 a day to use it. also any additional program like cycling or spinning have a charge to them ($10, $15). At the end of the cruise, I really felt I was nickeld and dimed to death. Next time, if I want to make it to Bermuda, I will go straight there and bypass the ship. Oh, also, there is nothing in Nassua to do, besides going to Atlantis for a quick look.

Pros: Being off the ship, and the entertainment.

Cons: nickel and diming you to death for everything on the ship, including soda.

My 14 and 17 year old daughters did not have that many programs to participate in.
If you are a first time cruiser, make your reservations for dinner in all the restaurants you want to eat in the first hour you are on the ship, or you might not eat in the restaurant.
great shows.
Everythnig closes at 6PM. Nothing to do at Nassau besides maybe drinking in a couple of bars. Atlantis seems to be the only attraction there. Paradise beach was not that exceptional, and take a taxi not the water shuttle, it will be worth your time.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
The best day of the cruise... too short though if you really want to enjoy it. go straight to the beach, it is beautiful.