An amazing cruise experience! Just say yes!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 09, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This cruise is one of my best experiences on a ship ever. Attentive staff extremely clean! Great food, great atmosphere!

Embarkation

Since it was my first cruise in many many years I didn’t appreciate how fast it was to get on the ship, Three cruises later I realized that they have done a stellar job! Was on in no time flat and having my first drink, kicking back and watching the cruise pull away from the dock!

Ship experiences

We got three specialty dining meals with our package, I love the concept of the perks I love the freestyle experience! We booked this last minute so we didn’t have any reservations for dining. When I say last minute I mean literally two days before the cruise. Once we got on board some reservations opened up and even we didn’t have reservations we never had to wait more than a few minutes. Food in the main dining room was amazing, food every specialty restaurant was amazing! I would recommend NCL based on this first experience with them on the break away!

Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian

I am not a giant seafood person, my wife however is. So usually when you go to a seafood restaurant and get steak it’s normally mediocre at best. That was not the case at Ocean blue, my steak rivaled any steakhouse I’ve been to. Simply amazing! My wife ordered the branzino, she swears it was one of her favorite meals ever! That’s saying a lot because she rates her meals like most people rate their vacations. Don’t hesitate to try ocean blue!

Honestly I was stunned at the talent on this ship! Syd Normans bar is a must! Nightly shows small venue a must see! The piano bar was also amazing, Which basically turns into a giant open mic night for people from the Broadway show, standup comics and many others from the ship. Plus dance parties, plus late nights at club bliss. I can honestly say there’s something for all ages!

The service and staff on the ship was literally out of this world! Bartenders remembered us by name, though now that I think of it in retrospect might say more about me. But again amazing service!

I was amazed at how clean this shit was, I literally never move very far without seeing somebody cleaning.

Because we booked Last-minute there was literally only cabin left on the ship and it was a family ocean view. It was actually shockingly bag with a double sink in the bathroom. One of the bigger rooms we’ve had a Norwegian though I still love the balconies. But don’t hesitate to get a family ocean view!

Ports of call

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Harvest Caye, Belize

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Miami, Florida

Disembarkation

Overall was pretty fast I mean what can I say you’re getting off the ship it’s kind of depressing! But they did it without any issues and minimal fuss.