Worst cruise ever

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 04, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 5439

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Enjoyed my time with family. The Breakaway leaves a lot to be desired I many areas. Sometimes when we cruise we would like to be pampered just a little, instead we felt as if we were a burden. And that is a terrible feeling. Will never cruise this line again due to just that alone.

Embarkation

As expected

Ship experiences

Fair, nothing spectacular

Broken clubs and eye watering sewage smell made mini golf almost impossible to bear. Rock climbing wall, water slides, and ropes course was hardly in operation due to weather so we were unable to enjoy those. Arcade was fun for 15 minutes. Small and lacking anything beyond that.

Venues too small for the amount of passengers. Could never seem to get a reservation for anything

Rude staff made the initial entry off putting. Demands that I instruct my 4 year old to quit crying and to trust counselors was not appropriate.

Our room steward was phenomenal. Great service at the Manhattan Room first time, second was slow and inattentive. Osheehans was slow and I felt I was a burden every time I visited. About 15 percent of staff was friendly, the rest seemed overworked and wished we were not there.

Lacking in all aspects. I even cleaned up the pool area myself from cups, bottles, glasses, and trash unattended to for long periods of time near the pools. When flu amd norovirus erupted, I never saw common areas cleaned. Nor was the buffet shut down to self serve. To times I had to ask for a different pizza to be placed out after a child and grown man placed their hands all over the one served.

Clean and enough room for two

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Cocoa is always a beautiful beach

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas Did not visit port

Bad weather could not tender

Falmouth, Jamaica

Nothing to do unless you booked an excursion or wanted to shop

George Town, Grand Cayman

Enjoyed 7 mile beach under a cabana. Quite pricey

Best port of all. Enjoyed our excursion to Mr Sanchos. NCL doesn't offer this excursion and probably should

Disembarkation

Slow, but probably more so because I couldn't wait to get off that ship