Not handicapped accessible

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 16, 2017

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 627

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The ship was beautiful, very big.  My husband is 71 and has heart problems. His feet began to swell he could barely walk from all the sodium in the food we ate at the buffet. I called and asked for a wheelchair and was told it would cost $300 for the week. I didn't have an extra $300. I thought wheelchairs were free to use, apparently not. I could understand if the $300 was a deposit and I get it back when I returned the chair. So because of that, we never left the ship to go enjoy the island. The also cancelled the stop at Great Sterrup Cay island. That was disappointing also. For anyone going to drink more than usual, which I did. Buy the drink package because the cost of the drinks were ridiculous and the added in there own tip. This was our first cruise, very disappointed.

Ship experiences

Ports of call

New York, New York

Port Canaveral, Florida

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas

Traveler Photos

View of Bahamas from the ship. Breakfast at Taste dining Frozen margarita, not fancy like I expected