Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Good, not blown away

Sail Date: August 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

The best part of the cruise was being with family on vacation.  Because other family members wanted to cruise on the bigger boat, we left out of NY even though we live in Mass.  I think the Breakway is too big, there were way too many people and I think because of that the service suffered.  This was my 6th cruise, 3rd on Norwegian.  I am a single mother traveling with my 6 year old and other family members.  I thought the pools were too small and didn't really want to be in the kiddie pool, but I understand why there is an adult only pool because what adult wants to be with all the splashing kids?  On the last day at sea a kid puked in the kid pool so they let them in the adult pool and that was the best day at sea, because I could actually hang out with my daughter at the pool and still feel like a grown up.  I don't love freestyle dining, I really like having a seating time and a dedicated wait staff.  Plus when we went to dinner we were told it was a 45 min. wait.  That is not freestyle "eat when you want" in my opinion.  The food was good, but I was not blown away.  One night in the Manhattan restaurant I had to ask for a wine list and the waiter had to find one.  That should be automatic when you sit down, here's your menu and wine list  At the end of the night someone came over to apologize that they didn't spend time at our table but it had been too busy.  We did really like the Indian buffet and Bavarian buffet at lunch.

I didn't need a suite, there was just me and a kid, but it was nice. Didn't take full advantage of the deck as the kid is only 6 and I was worried about it, but it was nice.
I found out after the trip I was supposed to have priority boarding and disembarking because I had a mini suite but that was not communicated to me when I got there so that was disappointing.
Very clean.
One comment though: the days that we were in Bermuda and the bus to the beach only ran every 30 min. and we couldn't get on because of the huge line: they should add more service for those days.
The only disappointing thing was how many activities have a fee now.
No fault of Norwegian, my daughter is too shy and wouldn't go...
Could never get to a show because 1) it was Rock of Ages and my daughter was too young and 2) because we had to wait so long for dinner we couldn't do burn the floor.
Laurance was our room attendant and he was really good. I didn't realize though they don't put chocolates on your pillow anymore. When I asked I was told you have to be a gold member. Really? For an andes candy???
It was okay. I didn't love it but it was good enough.

Don't waste good money at the Garden cafe, you can get that food anywhere and it's packed.... but the sit down breakfast, lunch and dinners are so much nicer. However, if you are in a rush on island days you may want to tell them that.