Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Purser

Our first NCL cruise. I wanted to hate ot, but I liked it.

Sail Date: June 05, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first NCL Cruise. We have only cruised Disney in the past. But we are from NJ and wanted to cruise out NY with a large family. I really thought I would dislike it because it was not Disney. But I liked it. The Dining is better on Disney, The top Deck with pools and slides are better on the NCL breakaway. The stateroom was even on both Cruise lines. Entertainment, well for kids Disney, for adults I would say even. The manager (Justin) of the Kids club on the breakaway is a complete jerk, although the girls working there were wonderful. It program is a complete disaster, it took 45 min to drop off or pick up every time. Disney wins this hands down. It did love the cruise and would  cruise with NCL again for sure.

Cabin was clean and very nice. It was in a bad location, but that is our fault for not researching better. Overall I would rank it very close to Disney's staterooms, minus the 2 bathrooms.
Embarkation was fine, but try and get to terminal early. Once you broad the ship, there is NO ONE to greet you, or help you. You are on your own.

Disembarkation- was completely disorganized and took almost 2 hours to leave the ship, go thru customs, and find our luggage.

Justin, who is the manager of the kids club is extremely rude. Do not send your kids to kids club. It is the complete opposite of Disney's Kids club.
Manhattan, Taste, and Savor were good, but not great. Staff was pretty good, but very slow. On average it took 2 hrs for the meal. Garden Cafe was good, it was the standard cruise buffet.
New York, New York
Get to terminal Early the Day you leave!
Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda