Disappointed!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: May 01, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

I am a veteran of many cruises.  I am a diamond level on Cunard, a platinum level on Princess and a gold level on NCL.  Upon arriving in my stateroom, 11110, I unhappily discovered a $7.95 charge for room service.  Venturing onto the 15th deck for something to eat, the "easy" flow of alcoholic beverages made for loud, raucous behavior.  Added to that, the number of irresponsible parents who allowed their children to run around and yell in public places made dining a less pleasurable experience!  Finally, being unable to reward staff members at MY discretion - being automatically charged $13.50 per day per person and being told that I would need to write to "corporate headquarters" for an adjustment was the final "blow."

The food choices were fine. It was the noise level from undisciplined children which made for less than pleasant dining.

I was on board to just relax so chose not to engage in any of the onboard activities.

I just relaxed; I enjoyed reading while sitting on my balcony.

It was a very satisfactory room and Ruby was personally compensated for her service as room steward.