Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Pleasant experience

Sail Date: March 06, 2016

Room Type: Suite

If you enjoy cruising this ship is pleasant enough. Before I went on this ship I read the blogs of other cruisers. This was how I found out about how you need your room key inserted in a key slot by your door inside your room to get power to your room.

We had a midship mini suite with a balcony. I found this room to be very narrow. The space between the foot of the bed and the wall was only as wide the width of your suitcase. Two people can not pass one another. There are no drawers  for storage in the room. There are shelves in the closet for storage. I would advise buying a set of packing cubes for travel which would make use of the shelves very easy.

I found this ship very monotone in it's color scheme throughout the ship. The main dining rooms are small. The menus offer a small variety of complimentary offerings and a variety of entrees for a fee.

The entertainment was top notch. The majority of the shows are free but you need to make a reservation to see them because their main theater is very small.

If you like to eat outside this will be a problem. There are no tables around the pool area. Outside of the atrium there is very little cushioned chairs to sit around in except in a few bar areas.

The shopping on board is pretty standard. ( Jewelry, liquor, beachwear)  If you like going to the casino their casino is not in one room. It is sprawled along a couple of walkways along the wall and opens up into bigger area.

If you like to cruise for the sake of cruising this ship will do the trick. I found that the hype of this ship did not meet my expectations.

Very narrow and adequate storage.