Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Crew was great!

Sail Date: October 25, 2015

The ship was clean and nice.  However, I found it to be too large.  It took a bit to navigate.  I liked the bar outside on deck 8 and the adults only section aft deck 16.  I don't think the ship needs 6 specialty restaurants that charge an additional fee.  It seemed these restaurants didn't fill up which would cause a wait in the dining room some nights.  The pool area is not very large so there was no BBQ near the pool which I have experienced on many other cruises.  However, there were plenty of deck lounge chairs so no fighting over chairs (Yay!).  I am not a smoker, but I thought the smoking "box" on deck 15 was ridiculous.  Plus it smelled really bad and has no fans to help ventilate the smoke.  The food was excellent especially the beef dishes.  But no lobster unless you went to a specialty restaurant and paid extra on top of the additional fee to dine there--Lobster in Le Bistro was $19.95 plus another $9.95--so $30 for lobster????  Also felt like the ship nickled and dimed the passengers for everything.  Like the games at O'Sheen's Irish Bar--they were expensive to play.  O'Sheen's is a nice Irish pub but they don't serve Guinness--WHAT?????  The atrium was too loud--I went for a chef demonstration and could not hear the chef.  The dining rooms were loud too--Savor, Taste and Manhattan.

The Rock of Ages show was AMAZING!  However, the theater seats are incredibly uncomfortable.  Please fix the seats.

I would have loved to attend some of the parties on board at night, but they all start at 10:30 p.m.  Can't you start them a bit earlier like 9:30 p.m.?

Loved the lay out of the cabin. There was so many storage spaces.
Embarkation was perfectly smooth and easy. However, leaving the ship was a nightmare. It took almost 2 hours to walk off with my luggage. Also, they had everyone go to deck 7 in the casino. It was extremely chaotic and there were hardly any crew members present to provide guidance/direction to the passengers. People were cutting lines and getting angry. It was very confusing having us snaked through the casino with numerous lines going in all kinds of crazy directions.
Very clean, but didn't like the layout and all the specialty restaurants.
I really enjoyed The Rock of Ages show! It was phenomenal! However, the seats in the theater are extremely uncomfortable.
The food was excellent!

Make sure to check out the lunch buffets in the Brazilian and Cagney's specialty restaurant area. They have them on sea days. I only made it to the German buffet and it was very delicious.