Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Wonderful Experience

Sail Date: May 24, 2015

Ship is beautiful. Lots of entertainment. Reviews I read before going on this cruise complained that the size of main theater is too small for this size ship. When I 1st saw the theater I understood. But, the cruise director explained that there are more entertainment venues than there are nights of the cruise. I agree. Second City comedy, Jazz and Blues club and dueling pianos are examples. In main theater, Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor are wonderful shows. We made reservations before the cruise. They open for walk-ins 1/2 hour before show time. Food was good enough that we did not feel need to opt for specialty restaurants. Music shows in Atrium were good. For 1st timers to Bermuda I recommend the 5 hour Island tour on 1st day. We then knew where we wanted to go on the 2nd & 3rd day. Public transportation on Bermuda is good, reliable and reasonably priced. Only negative was in New York. We spent night before in Roosevelt Hotel, 45th St and Madison Ave, approx 13 blocks from port. Cab took over an hour. We finally got out and walked across street to port. New York may be convenient for people in N.E part of country, but from Mid-West, flights to Florida and hotels and transportation are less expensive. I would/have recommended cruise to family and friends with upfront warning about traffic in New York.

New York, New York
Lots of things to see and do. 9-11 memorial and museum are must see. If there day before, use subway and bus to get around . Traffic to and from airport were horrendous