Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

The destination was wonderful, but this was my first and last cruise with NCL

Sail Date: April 26, 2015

I've cruised over a dozen times with Celebrity, Princess, Holland, and Azamara. On each of those cruises I found the service to be impeccable and the food out of this world.  My experience with NCL was just the opposite.  The staff were not attentive to detail and the food was okay at best, despite eating in each of the specialty restaurants during the cruise. On NCL you'll find that a "fee applies" to nearly everything you from room service to taking a behind the scenes tour of the ship.  In my experience the other lines don't nickel and dime you to death like NCL does.  The Breakaway is a beautiful ship, but it didn't live up to the hype.  Bermuda on the other hand was amazing.  Three days on the island was the perfect amount of time to experience all she had to offer.  I highly recommend a Bermuda cruise, but I'd suggest you look at what the other lines have to offer before choosing NCL.

We choose a standard balcony cabin. The staterooms on NCL are considerable smaller in size as compared to the same category on other lines.
New York, New York
Add a few days on the pre or post end of the cruise to see the sights.
Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda

Freestyle cruising sounds like a great concept, but in reality its basally a free for all where waiting in line becomes the norm.