Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Bahamas & Florida on The Breakway

Sail Date: April 12, 2015

Just wanted to let you know how disappointed we were on our April 12th cruise to Florida and The Bahamas on The Breakaway. We were looking forward to a great vacation on your new ship as we have cruised with Norwegian before but this was our first cruise on The Breakaway.

Menus in both Savor and The Taste are exactly the same.  There was no variety. On the breakfast menu I selected substitute egg omelet while my husband ordered reg. eggs.  One half hour later we still had not been served breakfast.  When I asked our waitress what was holding up our order, she told me it was because I ordered substitute eggs and that takes a long time.  Unbelievable.  Most of our breakfast orders in these two restaurants took a long time before we were served and when we finally were served, breakfast was cold both food and tea.

On the days that we were at sea, the casino was so crowded you couldn't get a slot machine to play if your life depended on it.  Then if you were lucky enough to find one, the smoke that filled the casino made you sick.

The restrooms were not clean.  Especially the ones near the bars.  My husband couldn't even use the restroom near one of the bars because there was urine on the floor, on the walls, and the toilets were stopped up.  We thought perhaps this was an oversight or men who were drunk for that particular night.  So the next night he went back to the same restroom and found it dirtier than the previous night.  Housekeepers need to be stationed in these restrooms to keep them clean.

The adult pool was too small for the 4400 or so passengers on the ship.  Parents were bringing their children in the adult pool instead of letting them use the kiddie pool.  We couldn't even get in the pool.  So for the 7 days we were cruising, we didn't get to go into the pool.  Chairs (lounges) were always taken either with bags or towels on them indicating that they were taken. There should have been more than one pool on board for adults.

Elevators were always loaded with passengers.  So, everyone needed to wait.

On our tour excursion to The Bahamas, we had to walk from the pier where The Breakaway docked to where the tour guides were waiting.  This walk was about a mile in very hot weather.  Seniors were struggling, as well as my husband and I as we are seniors also.  We met a lot of cruisers who were complaining about this also.

As I indicated before, we cruised last year on The Norwegian Gem and we had a fabulous time.  We cannot say the same about our cruise on The Breakaway.

Had to walk about a mile just to get to tour bus in Bahamas. Crowded bus coming back. Had to sit on potable seat in center of aisle.