Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fantastic embarkation location - beautiful, big ship

Sail Date: March 01, 2015

Our daughter organized a shuttle from her home to the port - only 30 minutes or less. This was WAY better than flying, renting a car/cab/whatever. Great.  It was snowing heavily as we left, and the pools were not open until we got to Cape Canaveral a day and a half later.  Food was excellent - we got the "all restaurants" package as a booking reward. Favorite restaurant? Cagney's steakhouse. Le Bistro's food was excellent to my palette, but my daughter, after a month in Paris, thought it only average. Teppanyaki's, I would skip next time. Noisy, lots of oil, little excitement in the dishes. Moderno Churrascaria was great - as was eating outdoors several nights.  Shows were all excellent.

As I said - the ship was big - and lots of people make lots of sound. It took a while to find the lesser traveled areas which were quieter.

Compared to past Carnival cruises, there was less of the Tanzanite "hawking" over the PA system, which was a plus. Cabin size (11902 - balcony "suite", because it had a sofa) was fine.. Comparable in size, I think, to Carnival which boasts lots of cabin room.

The iConcierge feature was great - we could check schedules and things there. This app for smart phones should be rounded out a little more, with a "my schedule" and other things.

Here is a video I made of our cabin, 11902:

Cruise Photos

New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
Rented a car (watch the closing times!!!)
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Taste of the Bahamas Tour

O'sheen's has GREAT deep fried bar food.