Fantastic embarkation location - beautiful, big ship

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Helpful Vote: 1

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail Date: March 01, 2015

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin Number: 11902

Review Summary

Our daughter organized a shuttle from her home to the port - only 30 minutes or less. This was WAY better than flying, renting a car/cab/whatever. Great.  It was snowing heavily as we left, and the pools were not open until we got to Cape Canaveral a day and a half later.  Food was excellent - we got the "all restaurants" package as a booking reward. Favorite restaurant? Cagney's steakhouse. Le Bistro's food was excellent to my palette, but my daughter, after a month in Paris, thought it only average. Teppanyaki's, I would skip next time. Noisy, lots of oil, little excitement in the dishes. Moderno Churrascaria was great - as was eating outdoors several nights.  Shows were all excellent.

As I said - the ship was big - and lots of people make lots of sound. It took a while to find the lesser traveled areas which were quieter.

Compared to past Carnival cruises, there was less of the Tanzanite "hawking" over the PA system, which was a plus. Cabin size (11902 - balcony "suite", because it had a sofa) was fine.. Comparable in size, I think, to Carnival which boasts lots of cabin room.

The iConcierge feature was great - we could check schedules and things there. This app for smart phones should be rounded out a little more, with a "my schedule" and other things.

Here is a video I made of our cabin, 11902:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR9UfS9vtu4&feature=youtu.be

Ship Experiences

O'sheen's has GREAT deep fried bar food.

Ports Of Call

New York, New York

Port Canaveral, Florida

Rented a car (watch the closing times!!!)

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas