Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Beautiful ship... and that's about it

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

I've sailed many times with NCL. Over the years I watched the quality go downhill and this is by far the worst I've ever experience.  It is not what it used to be from poor service to them milking us for everything.  First, they increased the gratuities AFTER we already booked.  Second, they now charge for room service at $7.95 per order. There's no bathrobe in the stateroom. Body lotion no longer provided. Food quality at main dining rooms was bad.  You're better off going to garden buffet for all your meals but you will have to fight with thousands of passengers for seats.  Out of all 7 days, I only had one good service. Entertainment used to be good, but now you have to pay to see Cirque shows.  Embarkation was a pain.  I had to remind them 3 times I was a platinum member for them to put me in different line.  They messed up our pictures and had to go back to retake them. Disembarkation was even worst.  They had to get so many people out it took over an hour just to get off.  The only thing I enjoyed on this cruise was the perks of being a platinum member: free champagne and chocolates the first day, free laundry, and 1 free meal at Le Bistro, which by the way was great. Maybe I would have had better time if this was my first time cruising.

Only had one good experience dining. Cabin steward, Ivyn was good.
Theatre not big enough to accommodate guests so they had the same show different nights.
new and clean
Good food at buffet but difficult to get a table
We had an infant so we only did guppies activities, which was pretty good.
Loved the sports complex
No bathrobe. Room was clean.
New York, New York
Plenty to do
Port Canaveral, Florida
Absolutely nothing to do if you don't go to Kennedy Space Center or Orlando
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Small island with 4 thousand people
Beautiful beaches, small town with just enough time to explore

Instead of garden buffet, go to Moderno, less choices but plenty of seating, or be served at O'Sheehan's.