Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice and convenient for Tri-State area residents!

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

Our family was on this sailing, and we had agreat time.  We all loved Great Stirrup Cay!  I wished we had spent two days there rather than stop at Nassau.  Felt like we were being badgered and ripped off in the market and the cost to get to a beach was unreasonable at $50 pp.  We spent most of our meals in the dining rooms vs. the Garden Cafe buffet due to the more calm atmosphere, but the repetition of the foods/stations made the buffet and the 1,000 people in there at once manageable.   We ate at O'Sheehans - not our favorite, but the kids lived it.  I got the meat loaf, or should I say...fancy feast wet cat food slab.  It looked and was disgusting!  We really enjoyed the burgers at the Uptown Grill, but it had funny hours and was closed on our first and last days at sea due to inclement weather.   I'm guessing all sailings between October and May it is closed those days as well.

I would have loved a covered roof over the pool or at least warmer water.   Most of the days on board the water was chilly.  On the day in Nassau the pool was almost bath like, the following day it was so cold I didn't want to put my feet in.   The kids pool is too small.  The teenagers are crammed in with kids 4 and up.  On our sailing we were told there were almost 1,000 teens on board.  Seems a pool at Entourage would have been useful.  Unfortunately, a child vomited in the pool on the sea day following Nassau, causing it to need draining and refilling.  Our kids lost almost this whole day of swimming.

On a sadder note, I paid $13 per frozen drink or $10-12 for other drinks....not one could I feel the alcohol effects of.  I spent quite a sum and did not have a buzz once!  I'm no drunk, usually two drinks and I giggle, three and things are super fun, four I'm pretty much drunk and ready for sleep.  My husband drinks Gentleman Jack on the rocks, he was 100% certain if was watered down.  The taste and color were completely off.

In excellent condition.
Great choices and the meals in the dining rooms were top notch!
Tight for two teens and two adults.
Excellent, really they were!
All of the shows we saw were great - Cirque, Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages were all great. Even the show preview night was great.
Our kids, 14 &15 hated the pool area...they were mashed in a kiddie pool with much younger children. Should be s pool for 12/13 and up.
Many outside areas were closed because of "inclement" weather. They built this ship to be "New Yorks" ship according to the commentary on the show we saw on board...if so, more things should be covered because your first and last sea says are completely inclement and almost all outside activities were closed or unaccessabl.
Port Canaveral has nothing available that doesn't cost money and Disney area attractions are really too big to enjoy in the time allowed. Great Stirrup Cay was awesome...loved it. Nassau seems like a rip off over all, costs $50 per person to go to a beac.h.
New York, New York
The skyline view can't be beat!
Port Canaveral, Florida
The attractions are too far away. Key West with its great walking street would have been more fun!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Loved our time here!
Pretty lame market and quite a bit of badgering.

Do the Sting Ray experience in Great Stirrup, loved it, If you have kids, be sure to rent the giant round float on island as soon as you get to the island....our kids had the best time floating and they ran our quickly. Rent yourself a float too! Best money we spent!