Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Did not meet my expectations

Sail Date: March 08, 2015

Room Type: Suite

I've travelled Carnival 9 times and Royal Caribbean 2 times. This is the first time cruising Norwegian. The dancers were good and the one solo guy (Arvan) was excellent. Other than those two, the entertainment was not good at all. I paid for a dinner show which I've never done on any other cruise because they didn't charge for the same type of dinner show and it was horrible. The show was average at best and the meal (that I paid for) was the worst meal I had on the ship. The food menu was small and the same menu for 3 different dining rooms. As I am easy to please with food I ate everything I ordered but the food on the other cruise lines was better. I did not like the freestyle dining because I had a different waiter every night. On all of my other cruises I had the same waiter and helper for the entire cruise and they really took care of me and we built a personal relationship. There were so many things that Norwegian charged for that my other cruises didn't. I still relaxed and made the best of it but I would never cruise Norwegian again. Life is about options and I opt to cruise with Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I would not recommend Norwegian to a friend.

Ship was in good shape because it is fairly new.
Food was below par and the dining options are horrible.
Cabin steward was polite and helpful. room was kept somewhat clean but she could have done a better job.
Other than the dancers and Arvan (solo performer) it was the worst entertainment of any ship I've ever been on.
My wife and son used the gym every day and said it was the worst cruise ship gym they ever used which is a surprise since the ship is so large.
Destinations were great but the excursions were overpriced as they are with any cruise line.
I've been on a dozen cruises. The bathroom was the biggest ever and the balcony was the smallest ever. The cabin steward was polite and helpful but could have been a bit cleaner with the room.
New York, New York
I hate New York but the boarding process was nice and easy.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Port was clean. We had a nice day at Cocoa Beach.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Well situated with plenty of chairs and available food.
We have been to Nassau many times. This is the first time we stayed close to the ship and only shopped. The locals offer you drugs 30 feet from the police. It is not a comfortable feeling. I would much rather stay on the ship when in Nassau.

The burn the floor dancers and Arvan the solo performer were outstanding. The timing of our stops were right on the money. Seas were rough but the ship was pretty stable because of the size. I still would not travel Norwegian again.

1 Comment