Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Port Shopping Guarantee is a Sham!!!!!! Beware...

Sail Date: November 23, 2014

I was on Breakaway for engagement celebration. We were told by Kelvin the offshore shopping guide about how the Norwegian Guarantee shopping purchases price on selected stores in Nassau, Bahamas. I trusted Kelvin, I trusted who Kelvin represents the Norwegian. You guys led me down. I couldn't find nor contact Kelvin to resolve this purchase from one of the "Recommended Stores"  Effy Jewelry. Probably it is my fault to believe the Norwegian and Effy Jewelry sales team on their worlds, "Guarantee service and guarantee great price or Money back". I bought a loose diamond (Dumb...), which I never consider until Norwegian guaranteed, I figure it would be a nice upgrade for my wife.

I went to one of the recommended store by Norwegian, Effy Jewelry and purchased a loose diamond. I wasn't a complete idiot I asked for a diamond grading. One sales person gave me an EGL diamond rating and a price ("this was an old diamond in-stock; you would never get this price anywhere else"). I asked them about GIA report, they claimed GIA and EGL are the same at their grading and people just pay more for a GIA for their brand, unbelievable after you do some research on what they claimed. I got my diamond appraised by a GIA specialist after came back to NYC and found out the diamond was much worst quality and the lies they told me about EGL and GIA. Later I contacted Effy Jewelry sales and their representative (Rafi) in NYC. They didn't care about their Guarantee according to Norwegian and basically told me GIA and EGL are different, GIA being better and I paid for an EGL Graded diamond not a GIA diamond. I asked for a refund and they refused and said "all sales were final". Also, the rep refused to believe me about what sales person told me during point of purchase, EGL and GIA being the same. The money I spent on the EGL graded loose diamond I purchased on Effy would be very similar to a same graded GIA loose diamond I would spent on Blue Nile web site. According to the appraised grading in GIA I would only spend half of what I paid on a similar diamond at Blue Nile web site.

Long story short don't believe the Guarantee just avoid buying from a cruise trip.