Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Not what I'm used to

Sail Date: December 14, 2014

I have been on many cruises, and this one seemed geared towards a younger crowd, one willing to spend money on things I expect to be included.  Like, instead of a show every night, there are a few free shows and then more you pay to attend.  There are many, many "pay" restaurants.  There was no lobster night, no lobster at all anywhere I could find.  The activities I'm accustomed to were limited (dance lessons, karaoke, zumba, etc.).  And the tiniest pool for 4,000 adults!  The 40 somethings on board seemed pleased, so perhaps its my age.  Limited movies, and shown at 11:30 at night.  Limited TV stations (one movie channel, one TV show channel).  Just not what I'm used to.  Lots of people, though.  No lack of a crowd wherever we went . . .

There are alot of people crammed onto this ship, and you run into them wherever you go.
Food was not good, not bad. We like sitting with others for dinner, even with freestyle, and this was not possible. So our ability to meet other cruisers was hindered. We offered to sit with others, but were denied the option. And no reception with the Captain! No champagne fountain, no champange. Captain only there for photos. Took some of the specialness away.
Our cabin steward only replenished what we asked for (coffee, creamer, washclothes, etc.)
Very limited entertainment. A couple of free shows, then ones you have to pay for. No movie theater, and only a couple of movies that played in the atrium with seating for about 100 (where are the other 3900 supposed to sit?)
Very limited activities for this many people. I'm used to more trivia, name that tune, dance lessons, dancercise, etc..
Destinations and Excursions Nassau and the private island were great, because the weather was perfect.

1 Comment