Exceeded expectations

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: September 21, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
Cabin Type: Suite

My husband and I had an absolutely fabulous vacation on the Breakaway. We had a forward facing Haven suite that was beautiful. The bathroom was huge and our attendant, Nyoman, kept the rooms spotless. Anoop was the concierge, very personable, and went above and beyond to ensure we had a great stay. We especially enjoyed the entertainment; from the Cirque dinner show, to Burn the Floor, Rock of Ages, Fireworks, Angel the guitarist and our favorite, the dueling pianos in Headliners. Brandon, Rhonda, and the other pianist were so much fun. I would recommend this cruise to anyone. If you are bothered by motion sickness, try to get a cabin in the middle of the ship and consider medication. It was quite 'rocky' the first day, and I did have some trouble sleeping the first night but fortunately did not get sick. Another Haven guest told us they requested dramamine which helped. The food and service in O'Sheehans was much improved from the Epic. I do not care for most of the desserts on NCL, which is a good thing, however, the scones and homemade whipped cream served in the afternoon were excellent. The gym was adequate and the ropes course was a fun challenge, note to others-the goal is to do the course without holding on to your harness! I was surprised to find many venues smaller than the Epic and did not realize the Breakaway is smaller. There are quiet, intimate spaces, you just have to look for them...outside on the waterfront, the front of the boat, the library, etc. Loved the Rockette memorabilia, wish I could have made one of the 7am Rockettes 'stretch' class-perhaps offer one or two later in the day.

Lots of choices.

Lots of choices here also.

Loved piano players in Headliners.

Enjoyed talking with Anoop, our concierge, guitarist Angel was very personable.

Lots to do with visible officers, frequently walking around ship.

Beautiful, spacious bathroom, living room, and bedroom, small but adequate balcony.

Spring for the Cirque show. Try to get a cabin near an elevator bank, long walk to our room.

stayed in Chelsea st the Highline, loved walking along the trail and river.