Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 day Bermuda on Breakaway

Sail Date: May 11, 2014

Cabin: GTY

To summarize this 7 day cruise to Bermuda on the NCL Breakaway I would have to say it was a very enjoyable travel experience. We booked this trip just 7 days before sailing with departing from NY.  I have read the reviews of the ship and there were both positive and negative comments which did not deter us from going.

The BOOKING was very easy via a phone call to their representative since we were doing this on short notice and wanted to speak with a live person. She was very polite, helpful and detailed in her explanations.

I was somewhat apprehensive with going on a Megaship (4000 travelers) but overall it was not a problem and you never encountered everyone all at one time since the Breakaway was so huge. The only problem we seen as far as crowds was at the pool and getting some deck chairs. They really need another pool for adults since most of the time the kids pool was closed. We traveled after spring break so I can imagine the chasos during that time.

We have been on 4+ cruise ships but this is the first time with freestyle diinning. I did enjoy it since i was in control of my dinning time. The only issue I had with it was the menu was the same in all three complimentary dinning rooms each day. I would of liked more variety. We tried to reserve one specialty dinning room but it was booked already and we were not going to spend the more additional money for another one. Overall the quality of food was very good. We went to the garden buffet for breakfast and lunch and the dinning rooms for dinner. Service was very good at all three dinning rooms.

The stateroom was assigned to us and we lucked out with ours. It was on the stern of the ship with a larger balcony (a lounge and two chairs). I had my doubts about being in the back of the ship with the noise from the engines, rooftop disco etc but it was not a problem sine we were on the 13th deck. the room was big enough for two people and the beds were the most comfortable i have ever slept on. Our stewart was also very accomadating and polite. The only negative was to the bathroom showerhead. it had no pressure at all, something they need to look into.

Since we were to Bermuda before on a ship and by plane we were familar with the area we docked at, Kings Wharf. We did one excursion to St.George which was very helpful since we never been to that part of the island. We returned the next day on our own to the same area and went to Tobaco Beach which was beautiful. Spending 3 days in Bermuda was great but you always want more time there hense we will return at some future date.

Overall a very enjoyable trip with minor bumps but definitely recommend it.

Grab your deck chairs early. Reserve your specialty dinning and book your entertainment shows before you go.