Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Would love to give them 5 stars but...

Sail Date: November 03, 2013

Room Type: Suite

I loved the cruise. The food was superb.  Everywhere we ate, we got a great meal...except for O'Sheeans.  The food and service there was just mediocre. The entertainment was unbelievable...I mean, I could not believe the talent that was on the ship. The shows were excellent. For people like my husband and I who go go to NYC's broadway 2x's a year, I didn't have high hopes. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality & the talent.

The biggest issue I have with the ship, that may hinder us from booking another cruise w/ Norwegian, was that the kids club was awful. I even complained to guest services to see if there was something that they could do, & I got absolutely nowhere. I dropped the kids there for a few hours 1 night & they said that it was the most boring few hours they ever spent on vacation. It's their vacation also, so they didn't go back. This was the theme everywhere. People had no choice but to drag their kids to late night adult themed events b/c the kids didn't like the kids club. This needs to be remedied! Also, there are no age restrictions upheld anywhere. It will say "adults only" or 18+ but no one stops the mindless adults who drag their 4 & 5 year olds to an adult comedy show (w/ adult cursing & adult themes) that starts at 11:30pm. Yes, we saw that time, & time again. We were fortunate enough to travel w/ a group so for our late night plans we were able to leave our kids with family or friends.  Even the "adult only" hot tub by the pool had loud & annoying kids in it...no one asked them to leave or find another one. I am not "that person" who believes that children should be seen & not heard & I love to see my kids & other kids have a great time but this cruise seemed like a free for all!

Having done Turks Beaches last year, our kids loved going to the kids camp and it was a great well deserved break for my husband & I & the friends that we traveled with.

Norwegian needs major work in this area.

Our steward was AWSOME & most of the crew were very helpful and pleasant.

The daily activities were great & kept us entertained if we wanted to partake.

Cruise Photos

Ship was awesome
Food was very delicious...even the buffet
The bathroom size & the shower were great
Loved our steward
Excellent...Broadway all the way!
Awful!...needs major improving!
Always something fun to do
Pricey but great v
New York, New York
Kind of confusing
Port Canaveral, Florida
Smaller & easy to navigate
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
We couldn't stop here due to weather
Small & easy to navigate

For outdoor peace & quiet head to the waterfront. No one is ever there. Taste & savor weren't worth the wait & the food took forever to get to the table. Just do the buffet!