Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Awesome Trip

Sail Date: July 14, 2013

My wife and I love cruises but of all the ones we have done this one was the most awesome. 3 Days in Port is so much better than any multiport stops that this is on our list to do it all over again.
Bermuda is such a wonderful place and to have sufficient time to explore, enjoy and relax is a dream vacation. Don't do the Horseshoe Bay Beach - there are many isolated beaches that are a lot nicer. Buy the public transportation pass - well worth it and very easy to get around as Bermuda is safe and caters to tourists.
The Breakaway Staff was absolutely wonderful and did an outstanding job in all aspects. We enjoyed the shows which were much better than any previous cruise though make sure you take age appropriate into your planning. Book all shows EARLY in the cruise as if you put it off they fill up quick.
Ignore the negative reviews you read on here and realize that majority of the people cruising from NY are exactly that New Yorkers. I love New Yorkers but that are in nature just a tad bit inclined to complain about anything.
The food is good and we ate the buffet everyday and did not try the other restaurants - I came to relax and I eat out at sit down restaurants literally 5 days a week on business - I look forward to shorts and casual shoes on my vacation. Love the washy washy team and wash stations - cleanliness is key on cruises.
The Breakaway does have some design issues - the jogging track is always wet - pool areas are crowded and in high winds they upper deck area is roped off - which I waited till the last day to attempt but was not able to do so.
The itinerary for this cruise is the best ever - enjoy The Breakaway it is a massive ship and a massive good time.

Cruise Photos

Nice and NEW - to much wind on front balconty cabin book midship
Met the Sous Chef wonderful person to visit with
Large and NEW
Make sure you check if age appropriate
did not have children can not comment
Fun all around
Bermuda A++++++++++ A Must
New York, New York
Easy on and off

Book a starboard side balcony as it will allow you to enjoy an ocean view while in port instead of staring at the cruise docks into the sun.
Winds on return can be high as it is a one day return versus a meandering two day out - which can close the upper deck and be to windy in the bow area.

1 Comment