Terrible customer service and disturbing comedian

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Bliss

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 16, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Bliss

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 15280

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

The food and the ship were great. They were lots of great people that worked on the ship. But Norwegians policies and how they handle things or embarrassing and and not discrete at all. There are many other ways to notify someone that their credit card fraud has been activated rather than pulling them out of a line in front of other guests and in front of my family… And then to have me stand there for 15 minutes while they try to cancel the cruise deposits that cause the fraud alert in the first place. I think it’s pretty ironic that I was actually seeking to go on another cruise with them and that’s the charge that triggered a problem that they could not get their act together to tell me about ahead of time.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

There was a male comedian on board who thought it was funny to mercilessly make fun of women’s bodies in a very negative way, even go so far as to make jokes about kidnapping and killing women, and then to top it all off he made fun of disabled kids who stutter and stammer. I have no idea how Norwegian thinks this is OK. I understand that comedy can be edgy but when we’re taking the opportunity of a man saying Gross disgusting and vile things about women and making fun of disabled kids?!

Ports of call

Disembarkation

I was appalled to be pulled out of the disembarkation line because I had opted to put a deposit on a cruise for the future. But nobody told me is that the deposit did not go through because of my credit card fraud protection’s. They could’ve told me on the spot the day before, call my cabin, left me a note, called the next morning, but no. Norwegian decided that the best way to handle this was to pull me out of line in front of other guests and my family