Pleasant but very crowded cruise ship!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Bliss

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 16, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Bliss

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 12513

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Just OK. Poor entertainment. Very rocky (shaky) trip on rough seas coming home. The ship's captain did not adequately advise us of the rough seas or prepare us; so many passengers were sickened and throwing up all over the ship.

Embarkation

At least they had us wait inside the terminal for check-in..a BIG difference from prior years when the lined us outside in the freezing cold and snowy weather!

Ship experiences

Food was varied, and ample. People ate, ate, ate! Dining facility too crowded.

Pool was small and overcroded. EVERYTHING WAS OVERCROWDED. MUSIC OUTDOORS AND INSIDE WAS ONLY ADEQUATE. THEATER SHOW WAS JUST OK; DISAPPOINTING MUSICAL SHOW BECAUSE I HAD SEEN THE MUCH BETTER MOVIE VERSION OF "JERSEY BOYS." The racetrack was at the very top and rear of the boat--couldn't find it until three-days into the cruise. There was a cost for the racetrack cars!

Performers were pretty mediocre. Comedians were un-funny.

I did not travel with kids....

I got after my room steward; once I did, she kept my stateroom clean and well-supplied. I hated the cruise director--he was crude and rude, and full of himself!

I did not like the design of this ship at all; the layout felt tight and small notwithstanding this is one of the line's largest ships.

Cramped; terrible TV service; freezing temperature; took 3 days for management to fix the heating. Still, the ventilation was very poor. Stateroom itself was cramped and "tight."

Ship tip

The corridors are quite narrow all over the ship; the ship's captain's PA announcements were barely audible; ship's management was off--it took them 3 days to tend to stateroom problems that included no heat and terrible TV reception.

Ports of call

New York, New York

New York is still a glorious city--but steer clear of grubby taxi drivers!!!

Port Canaveral, Florida

This is merely a port at which there is nothing nearby to see or do. You got to go far to find amusement/entertainment...or else stay on the ship!

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas

The best thing I can say about this port was the weather was good!

The town is now overpriced--everything is expensive by way of souvenirs. Nearby cruddy beach; $8 roundtrip taxi ride to Atlantis. The city itself is crime-ridden. Be careful

Disembarkation