A relaxing vacation

Noordam Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Riviera Romance (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 12, 2010
The Noordam is a beautiful ship. Its venues are underused, however. They could/should have activities going in all these fabulous rooms every day--not just the lone "at sea" day. A no-smoking policy would be appreciated (their "suggested" smoking areas were only loosely adhered to--as was the "adults only" policy at the aft pool.)

It's hard to do a quality job with such large numbers. The specialty restaurants--the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto's--were excellent. The regular dining room was a step down from service in years past.

This seems to be where this ship spared expenses. In the past, I have even skipped shore excursions to stay onboard for particular classes and activities. I would have been playing Solitaire on this cruise, had I done so. I will definitely explore on-board activities/lectures/classes before booking my next cruise.

Overall, excellent.

We particularly enjoyed exploring the Gothic quarter.
A beautiful port with good shopping.
Very accessible--a short walk into town with abundant good shopping.
Beautiful, but we arrived on a major religious holiday when everything was closed. We had a very pleasant walk, though, and did some sight-seeing. It's a long walk into town--a shuttle would have been appreciated here.
My favorite stop--largely because of a terrific tour guide who really brought the history and culture of ancient Carthage to life.

Pros: dining in the two speciaty restaurants onboard (Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto's)

Cons: too few onboard activities

Recommends Noordam? Yes!