A lot of people got a respiratory illness

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 24, 2016
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

The ports were the best. The dining room service - Oliver in particular was awesome. But after the first night's sleep, I had trouble breathing and developed a cough. Over the course of the cruise I noticed a lot of people with the same cough and, at my table of 10, 4 of us were sick by the end of the cruise. I believe there is mold in the cabins or something in the ventilation system that needs to be addressed. I am not allergic or asthmatic but that first morning I had to go to the infirmary to get benadryl to help with breathing. I have been on many cruises with Carnival and Princess but this was my first experience with Royal Caribbean. I would not sail on this ship or another Royal Caribbean ship again. The doctor and the infirmary were not helpful - actually - very unhelpful. They turned me away because it was not "office hours" even though I was having trouble breathing and when I returned later in distress, would not even speak with me unless I would sit in a specific chair and sign an agreement to pay them $300! All I wanted was some Benadryl and I needed quarters to go in their machine. They were simply awful. Finally, a passing staff member helped me get what I needed and after the Benadryl took effect I could breathe again. With a ship of this size, you need to have a medical person on duty at all times - willing to speak to a passenger to find out what they need. Their behavior was simply unacceptable. Thank you for asking for my feedback. All the best! Nancy Zimmerman. By the way, my boyfriend and I are still sick with a respiratory illness. We will both see a doctor this week. Nancy Zimmerman

Our head waiter - Oliver - was awesome!!

The cabin Air Conditioning is not sufficient. The cabin was not cool. We had it checked the first night. Perhaps with sufficient A/C, the mustiness would be cleansed from the air.

I have been on many cruises and have never gotten sick before. Although it is magnificent, I believe it is a "sick ship". By the end of the week, a lot of people had the same cough as me and my boyfriend and several people at our table. I believe it is an airborne illness.