Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Will not cruise Royal again.

Sail Date: April 24, 2016

Room Type: Suite

I read reviews before I went. Overall the reason I would not go again is the food. It was that bad. We did three specialty restraunts. Giovanis was awesome, best meal of the trip. Chops was ok but the service was terrible, the reviews were great so I we were disappointed. Izumis again was ok but they charge regular prices, seventeen dollars a roll is a lot to pay on a ship. We went on our last day for lunch and the service was great and they even made me a cucumber roll which wasn't on the menu. Went again for dinner that night and it was not good. we tried the hot rocks and it was really bad. small portions and you cook it. What! The service was not good at all, slow with a side of attitude. The Windjammer was just bad all around. The food was the same every single day which wouldnt have been all that bad if it was any good but it was not. Tons of carbs and very little protein. All the protein dishes made were made stew style or as with the fish lathered in some type of sauce. I stuck with salad but even they lacked. Three types of lettuce, tomotes, cucumbers, raisins, sun flower seeds. No proteinat all like hard bolied eggs, mini shrimp, or even some type of shrimp or crab salad. The dressing were thin and tasteless. if you go to the corner you might find thevinegar and oil. Really really bad. By day three we just stopped going. We did My Time dining and had Elvis. He was awesome, polite, friendly, and great service. Food was good. We had an issue as we were there the first night had a great window table then had specialty then back. I had tried to reserve a window when we first got on the ship and was told at my time its first come first serve. When we went back we wanted Elvis and asked for our table (502) and we were told they were reserved. What? After being seated and watched the table sit empty for the next 20 minutes I was not happy. The manager finally came over and said we should have gotten the table, they don't reserve my time, and if you ask and its empty then its yours. We sat there the next time no problem. Again, Elvis is awesome.

Our favorite place was schooners. The service is great, Eugena was funny as heck as was the other bartenders. They definitly got an extra tip and deserved it. Loved playing thetrivia games there and staff that put them on. Really fun.

Not much other entertainment and they would have something at 1 then not again until 4. So it would have been nice to have more inside activities. Also I would have like some consistency like the piano man play every night from 8 to 9. Instead you never knew what was going on until the compass came out. They need a weekly version so you can plan for the week what you plan on doing. The ice show was good, comedy was good.

Pools were crowded except for port days but we always found a chair. Maybe it was a distance from the pools but we found them. Go to the flowrider Jonney rocket area for nice quiet chair space.

Our room was great as was our state attendant. He worked really really hard. We had a junior suite and if you can pay the extra and enjoy. It was worth it for us. We are older and the walk in closet and tub in the large bathroom, large balcony was a dream. We had 9280 but I would stronly suggest getting on the port side. They had land views the whole trip, lesson learned.

Embarkation was easy not too much wait time. Waited almost an hour to exit the ship standing in line to get off. They never say why or give you any information which I find fustrating and unprofessional.

So to sum this up let me say it was OK. I dont think I would do Royal again because the food was that bad and my understanding from reading other reviews its pretty much the same on all the ships. They may be trying to save money by serving what they do but I think in the end they will actualy lose money because people will just stop cruising on the ships.

Good luck and read the reviews before you book!

Loved it but will do port side and lower next time. Like deck 6.
loved the trivia. They need more though as they would schedule something at 1 then nothing again for until 4 or 5.
Elvis in the Saffire room for dinner was friendly and really good service. Schooners staff were all great.
Windjammer which is really your only lunch choice ( cafe promenade is just sandwiches and the same everyday as well) and its just horrible. Tons of carbs, bland food (probably powder), proteins dripping in sauces and stews. Same bad food every single day. Forget the eggs for breakfast not sure what they are made of but yuk. Go into the Saffire even if the service is very very slow and they dont have any variety either, at least you can get an omlet.