Bad Start, good End

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 14, 2015
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

The start of the cruise was a nightmare.  We had to wait outside the terminal in the sun for 1.5 hours, then they finally allowed us to enter the terminal whereupon we had to wait for another hour.  We finally got onto the ship, but didn't get our luggage until 10PM.  When we opened it we discovered that it was wet!  It looked like it had been left lying in a muddy puddle!  We went to the guest services to complain and they finally agreed to wash them for us.  It was supposed to take less than one day but it took three days and when the clothes came back they were still dirty and still a little bit wet.  I think that all they did was hang them up to air dry, not actually wash and dry them.  By this time we were furious (no clothes to wear on the cruise) and complained again.  This time they did wash them (in one day). They told us it was not their fault, that the port facility had a power failure that caused all of the delays and left the suitcases outside a rain storm, but that doesn't account for the fact that the clothes weren't cleaned the first time as promised, and it took four days to get them cleaned.  In the end they gave us a 20% off coupon toward another cruise and a couples massage. The cruise itself was great.  The ship was the most beautiful we have been on during a total of 16 cruises with three companies. They really didn't hold back when designing and decorating this ship. The attractions (Flow Rider, ice show, climbing wall, pools and hot tubs) were great.  The food was excellent.   The waiter service at our table was superb (second to none).  They treated us like kings.  Unlike the embarkation, the debarkation was very efficient.  Despite all the problems, it was a great cruise.

I'm not one to participate in much of the silly stuff (art auctions, sexiest man contest, drinking parties, line dance instruction, etc., so I can't comment. I did very much enjoy the Flow Rider

The lounge performers were mediocre, and the big show comedians were terrible. The ice show was unexpectedly great. The big Broadway-style stage shows were very good. I dearly loved watching the thin Caucasian dancing girl with the long brown kinky hair. She danced with such enthusiasm and abandon that I couldn't help falling in love with her. The Elvis impersonator was terrific (I'm not an Elvis fan, but I found myself grinning like an idiot through the whole show).

Can't evaluate this since we had on children.

This was the most beautiful ship I have ever seen. It was very clean, but I did have one issue. Above the promenade on deck 4 port side (near lifeboat C10), there is a vent that blows out a sickening odor into the promenade area. It's obviously sewer gas and it is AWFUL! I can't imagine how you could design a cruise ship the blows sewer gas onto the passengers. This MUST be fixed. I also detected it in some of the hallways inside.

Almost everything was fine, but the refrigerator didn't work. There was an issue with the toilet due to what appeared to be stains on the seat and debris in the water that made us think that it hadn't been cleaned. We complained to the steward who demonstrated that the stain was a permanent burn mark and couldn't be cleaned and the debris was small particles of rubber (?) from some sort of valve gasket that was deteriorating and no amount of cleaning could fix it.

The waiters at our table (late seating, Sapphire, table 324) were the best that I have ever seen. Ramiro Diaz seemed to really love his job, anticipate our every need, and worked like a fiend. But he still had time to talk to us and make us feel like were were his best friends.