Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Galveston Texas-West Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: May 31, 2015

My family and I had a blast!

The housekeeping staff was a delight. The main waiter and assistant were outstanding. Now I know how BATMAN feels with his own personal butler. My wife and 2 sons were super happy. We enjoyed ice skating, climbing, golf, surfing, and relaxed in the pools and jacuzzi.

Cruise Photos

The excursions are pricey. I found out that the excursion providers don't like to associate with the cruise lines because the profit margin offered to the tour operators is very low. I went on a mini sub excursion in Cozumel (which I highly recommend) that I found on a separate web site. It was reasonably priced. They do not operate on the port because of all the red tape and associated fees to be there. If the cruise lines and tour operators worked together, there would be more business for both parties and as a tourist I would enjoy more fun at a better deal. The cruise line did not mention that in Grand Cayman there is no port and it takes a lot of time to take the boat to shore as there are hundreds of people trying to disembark so you have less time to sight see. Mainly you get to see a lot of stores with over priced T-shirts and souvenirs.
Galveston, Texas
George Town, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica
Outside of the port, the town is very poor. You must immediately go on tours that take you out. I'd be more satisfied if there was a nice beach that I could enjoy as a passenger of the cruise that was ran by Royal Caribbean personnel.

The ship's staff truly cares about your stay.