Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Overall good cruise!

Sail Date: August 31, 2014

Navigator of the Seas was a very nice ship... great shows and entertainment. The balcony cabin was neat and clean. The food was great and the main dining room was excellent. The Guest Services department was great as we had a problem with our gratuities. They made sure that our problem was fixed although it had nothing to do with Royal Caribbean. Thanks so much! Overall this was a good cruise... it just wasn't a great cruise.

There were plenty of activities to keep one busy. We enjoyed the karaoke and trivia contest... they were a blast! The Flowrider and rock climbing wall looked like a lot of fun although I didn't participate. The pools were nice and clean and not too crowded. The best time to go swimming is at port when most everyone is off of the ship.

I disliked the way that the Windjammer Cafe was set up... people didn't know where the line started or ended at the "U" shaped food bars resulting in a lot of confusion. I actually witnessed plates being dropped because the person had run into another person going the opposite direction. This was an ongoing problem throughout the cruise. The food was ok but nothing to write home about.

Another problem was Johnny Rockets... why in the world did I go there and waste $24.00? If I had known how nasty it was I would have never sat down. This place was coated with grease... on the floor, on the windows... everywhere! Nasty! We paid a cover of $5.95 each to eat there and then charged $5.00 each for two milkshakes. The milkshakes did not taste like high quality shake mix but had a chalky texture and taste. Not good! I would advise against wasting good money at Johnny Rockets!

I heard a lot of people compare RC to Carnival... they all referred to Carnival as the "Party Ship" when they learned that my wife and I had been on Carnival... I don't understand that seeing how many people on this boat were buzzed around the clock. There was more partying on RC than on Carnival. I actually enjoyed my two cruises with Carnival Magic more than this cruise. The staff was much more friendly and the food was better on Carnival Magic. You also have to be a "diamond" on Royal Caribbean just to get a bath robe whereas robes are complimentary on Carnival. I think my next cruise will be back on the Magic, although I would go again on Navigator of the Seas if the price was right.

Very nice! Main Dining room is beautiful!
Windjammer Cafe needs help with organization. Johnny Rockets is just nasty! Waste of money!!
Thanks to the cabin stewards and staff!
Guest Services Staff and Carlos in the Main Dining Room.
Great shows!!
Jamie "Mama" who runs Karaoke in the Star Lounge is a hoot!
Be sure to do the Stingray City tour!! It's great!!
Galveston, Texas
Better deals here!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica
Nice new port but prices are too high!!

Be sure you have your video recorders for the promenade parade on the first night! It is awesome! Also there is a 70's music show about mid-week that is great! Don't miss it!!
Stay away from Johnny Rockets!! It is a nasty!! Don't waste your money!!