Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Navigator of the Seas, February 23, 2013, New Orleans

Sail Date: February 23, 2013

This was our first time cruising out of NO and only our second Royal Caribbean cruise. Our first was last October on the Allure of the Seas. We worried we'd be disappointed with the ship, since we most recently cruised on the Allure. We decided to book an oceanview room instead of our usual balcony room. The room was very narrow and small, however we were amazed at the amount of storage in it. Every nook and cranny had some type of place for storage. Although our room was at the very front of the ship and on Deck 2, it was quite comfortable and we didn't notice any, or very little movement, which was a big concern of ours. Our bed was up against the window wall and at the foot of the bed, there was a curtain that could be closed off from the rest of the room, making it feel like the bedroom was seperate. This was very nice as my wife was usually up before me and never was I disturbed by her moving around the room. The bathroom was adequate but small. I did however, notice a sewer like smell in the bathroom on a couple of days. I think it may have been due to a clog in the plumbing as I noticed outside our room, some of the ceiling panels had been removed by the maintenance people. The ship itself was very beautiful, especially the public areas. The Royal Promenade made us feel like we were at a mall, instead of being on a ship. The stores carried the usual stuff found on cruiseships, liquor/cigarettes, clothing items, perfume etc. Several days into our cruise they set up tables in the promenade with sale items such as inexpensive watches, ($10) and some jewelry items and also some liquor sampleing. I must mention, I purchased one of those ($10) watches, only because I forgot mine at home and after taking it back to my room and trying it out, it stopped working. When I went to return it, a crew member told me that I would need to speak to the manager. I did and explained to him that the watch was not working. He asked me if I wanted another one and I told him no, I figured another one would be no better than this one, and his response to me was, "You should make sure you like something, before you buy it". I was shocked and a bit insulted. I later decided not to make any more purchases on board.
The food in the main dining room was very good most nights and the desserts were to die for. We had reserved the 6 P.M. seating but when we got on board, we discovered that it was changed to 5:30P.M. That was inconvenient for us as we had many excursions planned on the different ports we visited and had to rush when we got back to make the 5:30 dinner. A few nights we ate in the cafeteria style restaurant, Windjammer, but found it very crowded and disorganized, people everywhere and sometimes difficult to get a seat. On days at sea the main dining room was opened for breakfast and lunch, so we chose to eat there, much more relaxed and the service was very good.
Worn in places, but beautiful anyways.
Windjammer is always so crowded and busy.
Small but adequate
A few really stood out for outstanding service.
Top notch entertainment
Much to do
Was not happy with the tour operator for the Dunns River Falls excursion.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Falmouth, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
If you only do one thing here, go to StingRay City

Book the My Time dining option. It gives you more flexibility as to when you want to eat. The only bad thing about it is that you have different servers each evening, so you never really get to know them, or them you.