Best cruise for dancers

MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean Wonders (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 13, 2011
Ship: MSC Poesia
This was a great cruise for people who like to dance - which we do. There were many lounges and bars with lots of music for all types of dancing. There was also a group of employees that got people dancing if they were alone. All the music was wonderful and there were many types of music. There was no break from dancing either. You could just move to a different place if they took a break. All the bands overlapped. The shows were very good. We went to all of them but they got sort of repetitive. It was sort of like the same show each night with different costumes. They were very talented though and the shows were short which I appreciated. Excursions were nice. We took two and loved them both. The shopping of the ship was minimal. I would have loved a lot more logo items to buy. They pushed a lot of expensive jewelry which I didn't care about. You can get the same thing a lot cheaper at home. I would have liked more logo things from the ship.Food was very good in the dining room. We loved eating in there every night. Our waitstaff was just wonderful and friendly. Our room was small. It had a balcony which I loved but it was the smallest balcony room of any ship I have been on. Our room staff was wonderful too. Very attentive to us and friendly. Everything was very clean and towels were refreshed constantly. The worst thng was the the long long long time it took for debarkation the last day. That was very bad planning. Had to be out of our room at 7:30 am and had to wait in a freezing loung until11:00 am to be called to leave. Then we were in a sea of people for another hour waiting to go through customs. That was just a terrible morning. From now on, I highly suggest everyone carry off their own luggage. You would have gotten right off with no trouble.

I was impressed with the food. I enjoyed all my food. Some were complaining about certain foods but mine were all great. We ate every night in the dining room and lunch and breakfast at the buffet up on 13. We didn't eat in any speciality restaurants because I didn't see any reason to pay those high prices when the other restaurants were included.

Lots of entertainment onboard. We love to dance and this was a great dancing cruise. All of the dancing couples agreed. Lots of dance lessons too. Lots of fun dancing. We want to come again just for the dancing.

I have to say that our room staff and our wait staff in the dining room were just fabulous. They were very friendly and just wonderful. We noticed that the waiters in the bars and around the pool were not very friendly. You almost had to beg them for help. Then they acted like they mad that they had to help you. Most of them definately seemed like they didn't want to be there. I'm just glad the ones I had to deal with all the time were friendly. The animation team was friendly too. I liked all those kids and they were very friendly.

Not huge but big enough to see it all. I was still getting lost the last day. Everything was very clean and neat at all times.

Our balcony room was the smallest of any ship we have been on. It was addequate. Room was kept very clean and comfortable. Room staff was just wonderful too. Our room was in the very back of the ship. I would have liked a better location. It was noisy and much more rocky back there. I would love to go again and have a better location.
It was much cleaner in Cozumel. We liked it. We took the Tequila Seminar and park tour. Very interesting. The tour guide picked us up at the dock and stayed with us the entire time. He was very knowledgable and friendly. Name was David. He knew all things Tequila and all about ruins in the park. Very fun day. They let us taste the different kinds of tequila, gave us margaritas and chips and 6 kinds of salsa. Then gave us tacos for lunch. Very very nice time. Then took us back to the ship on a van. Loved the day in Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Tequila Seminar
Loved Key West. Lots of fun bars with fun singer and musicians. We took the trolly tour and Hemmingway House tour. It is a must. We loved it. We walked all over the place too. Shopped a lot and walked a lot.
Don't Miss: Hemmingway House Tour
Same as Ocho Rios. Dirty, and boring. Sate in Margaritaville again and back to the shiip early
Don't Miss: Nothing, Sorry I got off the boat.
We didn't care for Ocho Rios. Nothing to do in town. It's sort of dirty and depressing. We wandered around for awhile and then sat in Margaritaville for awhile. Then went back to the ship and went to the pool
Don't Miss: Nothing, Sorry I got off the boat.

Pros: All the opportunities for dancing that we had each night on the ship.

Cons: The extremely long 4 hour wait in the freezing lounge to debark the last day.

Recommends MSC Poesia? Yes!