MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Really had a great time !

Sail Date: November 28, 2010

The Poesia is a beautiful ship that was kept in pristine condition by the crew. There was cleaning and polishing going on everywhere and I must say that everthing about the ship exceeded my expectations.

Pros: Beautiful and clean ship

Recommends MSC Poesia? Yes!

This ship is just the right size. Big enough to keep you busy and small enough to keep you from getting lost. The decor is very nice and I never had to wait more than 45 seconds for a elevator.
An abundance of good food and fresh fruit available for the passengers. Dining room service was good and a good selection of both Italian and other dishes to choose from.
A nice sized room complete with a flat screen TV and a refrigerator. Lots of storage and the cabin steward kept the room looking good for us.
Nice staff who were attentive to your needs. I liked the fact that the staff didn't push the bar drinks all the time. If you wanted one you could get their attention in a moment and they would scurry off to get the drink...otherwise they let you sit in peace and enjoy the view.
I have cruised several times before on several different lines; the entertainment on the Poesia was the best I have seen. Lots of variety and unique acts that you won't see on most ships.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
My wife and I took a 2 hour tour with a local cab driver that was excellent. Showed us the sights and gave us a good view on life on the island. Excellent.
Don't Miss: Beautiful view of the port from the higher elevations of the island.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Local bars were a bit pushy in trying to get you to buy their drink packages. Beautiful beach and nice water taxi ride from the port to the town.
Don't Miss: Check out the table cloth shops on Front Street and the strange mannequins used in the shops.
The Straw Market is a bit crowded and the hawkers are a pain after a time period.
Don't Miss: Atlantis is worth the trip to Paradise Island.